0

By the Way, I’m back….

Posted by DGN on 8:45 PM in , , , ,
OK, what can I say? I'm a damn TV watcher. It's hard to sometimes keep up with the television and update this damn thing! But I love all six of you that read... or all one of you that are reading it over and over!

So no more rules, we are going to hit this whenever something strikes me, and believe me, things strike me all the time! I just have to get online and actually do it.

I may have an editor, who may get me to update this thing regularly. We’ll have to see. You know who you are, help me! :P

So what’s been going on since I left? Well…

  • Life on Mars is over. I really enjoyed this show, and it really felt like it was just about taking shape. The episodes leading up to their hiatus in the fall/winter were very instrumental in setting up Sam’s life in 1973, and how he was getting used to it. The episodes since its return in February have been great in setting up the show’s sci fi-ish premise. Unfortunately too little too late. On the bright side, ABC is allowing the show to build towards its ending. The season will end in April 1st, 2009. If you’re looking for more of the show, I hear the British original is a classic, as well as, the spin off Ashes to Ashes, that recently debuted on BBC America.

    By the way, for fans of October Road, the show has finished up shooting on a direct to DVD finale that should be included on the Season 2 DVD.

  • Looking for great TV in Canada. I’m late to the bandwagon on this one, but please check out The Hour w/ George Stoumboulopoulos on CBC. I’ve loved this show and its idea, however, never found the time from it. However, I have found the show through podcasts. Great way to promote the show, and in some cases you get more than what is available on the Tele. You can catch episodes of the Hour at www.cbc.ca/thehour or on iTunes.

    By the way, for those of you who are going to refer back to me ranting to enjoying televison in the comfort of my chair rather than an ipod or on the pc, I’ve recently purchased this… http://store.apple.com/us/product/TM170LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=MjIzNDk4OA&p=2&s=topSellers very sweeet! (Though I am evolving my habits just a tad hehe!)

  • Conan O’Brien will be hanging out a little earlier on our screens. Thanks for 16 brilliant years. This however, ushers in the age of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Fallon has started out very nervous, but I think he’s getting better with guests that don’t intimidate him. Watch Conan’s first show, and it was pretty much the same way!

    By the way, Robert De Niro may have been good ratings wise, but he’s not the guest that Fallon needed. Hell, he didn’t even seem interested in really being there. Also, Fallon really seems to get the generation that watches the show. He just needs to calm down and bit and perhaps this thing will get off the ground. NBC execs, give this dude some breathing room!




  • Friday Night Lights may be coming back for TWO seasons! NBC, working on its profit sharing deal with DirecTV says even though the show has low ratings, it still turns a profit. The new season has been class, and to create a show with SO many well built character, is simply amazing. Here’s hoping to more

    By the way, NBC really seems to be playing around with trying to change their business model up a little bit. I mean, first they are moving Leno up to ten (can’t say I agree with that one, but it just might work!), they are streaming their shows on Hulu (along with FOX
    ) to get their shows some added attention and now this profit sharing idea with DirecTV. It’s not all going to work, but the business model for TV is broken. Clearly something else needs to be reworked.

.

I’ll be back soon (I swear!) with an article I’ve been tinkering with for a while.
In the mean time, you can find me on twitter...at http//twitter.com/dwenie – GASP! He gave us his real name! Until then, please, sound off below. I’d love to hear what you’re watching, and what I should check out on the web.


|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 TV Raised Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.